When COVID-19 swept across the world, depleting our resources and filling our hospitals, we became even more aware that the systems and technology we rely on must be reliable, efficient, and secure. Urgent care facilities are certainly no exception when it comes to the need for functioning, secure systems.
With technology evolving daily, and no shortage of patients who need immediate treatment, urgent care facilities require a medical IT solution that provides them with the ability to access, store, and protect vital patient information without fail.
In this article, we will take a look at how managed IT services are a reliable medical IT solution for this fast-paced environment, as well as explore what medical technology solutions would benefit urgent care centers.
Challenges Facing Urgent Care Facilities
Urgent care patient volume has grown 60% since 2019. And accommodating a 7% yearly projected growth rate means urgent care facilities must face tech obstacles head on to stay competitive. Here are a few challenges they are currently facing:
- Limited resources: Urgent care centers do not have the staff and resources that a hospital does. It’s hard to make sure that their current IT infrastructure is able to handle the demands of a fast-paced healthcare environment.
- Cyber threats: Without proper cybersecurity protocols in place, urgent care facilities put themselves at risk of data breaches or malware attacks. It’s crucial for these centers to protect their data with up-to-date security measures.
- Downtime: With little bandwidth for downtime, urgent care facilities need reliable IT systems that can be accessed and used with minimal maintenance or disruption.
The Benefits of Managed IT Services for Urgent Care Centers
By hiring a managed service provider (MSP) for medical IT solutions, urgent care centers are able to outsource their technology needs, allowing them to focus on providing quality healthcare services without worrying about their IT infrastructure or cybersecurity protocols. Here are some of the benefits of working with an MSP for urgent care centers:
- 24/7 Help desk support: Having around-the-clock support from a team of IT professionals is key for these centers, allowing them to concentrate on patient care without worrying about tech issues.
- Cloud solutions: By utilizing cloud-based solutions for storage and communication, urgent care facilities can stay connected with other healthcare providers and store vital patient information securely.
- Cybersecurity: With managed IT services, urgent care centers can ensure they have the latest security protocols in place to protect against cyber threats.
- HIPAA compliance services: In order to comply with HIPAA regulations, it’s important that urgent care facilities are using secure practices when handling sensitive data. An MSP will provide the expertise necessary to ensure proper compliance with these regulations.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity: With managed IT services, urgent care facilities can be sure that their data and systems are backed up in case of a disaster.
Fresh Managed IT: Your Partner for Medical IT Solutions
Finding an IT solution for an urgent care facility is no easy task. At Fresh Managed IT, we understand the specific challenges these centers face and have the expertise to provide reliable solutions to help them succeed. Set up a meeting with us today to learn more about how our medical IT solutions can benefit your urgent care facility.